cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbalani Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Unable to schedule refresh in Power BI Report Server with BigQuery as data source

When I am trying to schedule refresh in Power BI Report Server I am facing this issue

"Scheduled Data Refresh is not available for reports. The report does not have any external data connections defined or is using an unsupported data source. Learn more

My data source is BigQuery and I have created this report in the latest version of Power BI Desktop before uploading the same in Power BI Report Server. Even the Data Sources section of Manage report is disabled so I am not able to authenticate to Data Sources.

Can some one please help me in resolving this issue. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Unable to schedule refresh in Power BI Report Server with BigQuery as data source

Checking the list of supported data sources for Power BI Report Server here - It shows that Google BigQuery is marked as not supported for scheduled refresh.

Sorry, but I don't know of any work around for this other than moving the data to a supported data source or doing manual refreshes via Power BI Desktop.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Unable to schedule refresh in Power BI Report Server with BigQuery as data source

Checking the list of supported data sources for Power BI Report Server here - It shows that Google BigQuery is marked as not supported for scheduled refresh.

Sorry, but I don't know of any work around for this other than moving the data to a supported data source or doing manual refreshes via Power BI Desktop.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!