Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to save to the workspace

Hello,

I have  few reports to migrate from On-prem to power BI service. Now I am using Power BI report builder to open the report and change the connection string to new data source which is a azure managed instance. After changing the connection string I am able to see the report working fine on report builder. 
Now I am trying to save as this report to Power Bi service, so at first it shows me that you need a premium version of workspace to handle to paginator reports. SO now when I am trying to save it shows me a different error which I am not able to resolve. Below is the details of the report.

{PowerBIError.Error.Message}{Environment.NewLine}{detailsString}
ErrorCode: PaginatedReportAuthoringError
Details: An unknown error was encountered. Please try again.

ResponseId: bb3b0ad8-dc50-4bf9-8ef5-b448edfbd8ce
ActivityId: 15c1e9c7-8493-4ee1-9dfe-acc8531d18dd
RequestId: e8e9b03e-41db-473c-a0aa-f8076ec576ff
Timestamp: 9/12/2020 6:21:11 AM +00:00

I don't under wh it is happening as after almost 50 tries I was able to save 1-2 report on workspace. But again it starts showing me this error. And those reports which I have saved on power BI service are not able to open and shows some differnt error(which is out of scope of this issue). When I am trying to open a report from power BI service, the data source which I set earlier is no longer there and replace by some differnt and short DB connection string and not working on report builder server.

Regards
Shyam Sharma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

One update from my side. The issue as has been resolved by myself only. SO what I did is when the data source was changed to managed instance, instead of sql server I chose azure sql server. Now I am not facing any issue while saving it on Power BI Service.

db selection.PNG

Regards

Shyam

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

One update from my side. The issue as has been resolved by myself only. SO what I did is when the data source was changed to managed instance, instead of sql server I chose azure sql server. Now I am not facing any issue while saving it on Power BI Service.

db selection.PNG

Regards

Shyam

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.