Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jorge77777
Frequent Visitor

Unable to save or load models into the Power BI Report Server

Hello, I have set up Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and Microsoft Power BI Report Server into the same machine to try to convince my bank to use Power BI as BI Reporting tool. I am working with the Power BI Desktop Optimize for RS - August 2017 Preview - version. When I try to save a report that I previously created using the regular Power BI Desktop application I got the error: An error occurred while attempting to save the report to Power BI Report Server. I have tried uploading the report from the Web Portal, but I get this error:  Something went wrong. Please try again later. I tried building a new report using the Optimize application, but I get the same initial error. I initially tried using a different version of Power BI for report server, but had the same problem. Something peculiar is that the report server allows me to upload one of the reports, but instead of showing the graphic report, the browser show a folder, and when I click on the folder the report open in power BI Desktop. In I check the log files and I got the following information:  |FATAL|1|Could not start PBIXSystem.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: Access is denied

I need help to fix this error.

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jorge,

Problems seems the same as described in :

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-BI-Report-server-Issue-with-deploying-power-bi-report/...

Please have a look at page 2 and 3 where several possible solutions are described.

Kind regards

Jorge77777
Frequent Visitor

Hello, I have set up Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and Microsoft Power BI Report Server into the same machine to try to convince my bank to use Power BI as BI Reporting tool. I am working with the Power BI Desktop Optimize for RS - August 2017 Preview - version. When I try to save a report that I previously created using the regular Power BI Desktop application I got the error: An error occurred while attempting to save the report to Power BI Report Server. I have tried uploading the report from the Web Portal, but I get this error:  Something went wrong. Please try again later. I tried building a new report using the Optimize application, but I get the same initial error. I initially tried using a different version of Power BI for report server, but had the same problem. Something peculiar is that the report server allows me to upload one of the reports, but instead of showing the graphic report, the browser show a folder, and when I click on the folder the report open in power BI Desktop. Please help.

Thank you,

Jorge77777
Frequent Visitor

Hello, I have set up Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and Microsoft Power BI Report Server into the same machine to try to convince my bank to use Power BI as BI Reporting tool. I am working with the Power BI Desktop Optimize for RS - August 2017 Preview - version. When I try to save a report that I previously created using the regular Power BI Desktop application I got the error: An error occurred while attempting to save the report to Power BI Report Server. I have tried uploading the report from the Web Portal, but I get this error:  Something went wrong. Please try again later. I tried building a new report using the Optimize application, but I get the same initial error. I initially tried using a different version of Power BI for report server, but had the same problem. Something peculiar is that the report server allows me to upload one of the reports, but instead of showing the graphic report, the browser show a folder, and when I click on the folder the report open in power BI Desktop. Please help.

Thank you,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.