Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

v-azmudd

Unable to refresh the model (id=803345) because it references an unsupported data source.

Hey folks,

Getting the following error while trying to refresh the dataset: 

Something went wrong

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Data source errorUnable to refresh the model (id=803345) because it references an unsupported data source.
Cluster URIDF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity IDd0fe6044-9e7d-4d75-b4c2-453e1f41cbd0
Request ID715d0157-4cc7-8109-e1a8-46b706974f6c
Time2017-08-02 11:15:55Z

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @v-azmudd,

Were you getting above error in Power BI desktop or Power BI service?

You may see such an error when trying to configured a dataset for scheduled refresh. This happens when the data source you used, within Power BI Desktop, isn’t supported for refresh. You will need to find the data source that you are using and compare that against the list of supported data sources at Refresh Data in Power BI. Also, it is not allowed to schedule refresh a dataset which combines On-premise data source and online data source.

To troubleshoot this error, please first check what data sources are contained in your dataset. In Power BI Desktop, please go to File -> Options and settings ->Data source settings to check data sources, and post a screenshot about the data sources.

Reference: Troubleshooting unsupported data source for refresh

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am using only Power BI Online Version. The data set used to refresh with out any issues, but the error started popping up while i try to refresh the dataset recently.

Thanks and Regards,

Azith

forgot to mention, i am using online Sharepoint where i upload the dataset and then refresh the dataset in power-bi Datasets tab, the data set will be in the xlsx format in Sharepoint( which i think is supported by powerbi).

Hi @v-azmudd,

Please test whether you can refresh data when connecting to SharePoint online in desktop version. Also, please check whether the data type of some columns is changed after updating.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.