cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
v-azmudd Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Unable to refresh the model (id=803345) because it references an unsupported data source.

Hey folks,

Getting the following error while trying to refresh the dataset: 

Something went wrong

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Data source errorUnable to refresh the model (id=803345) because it references an unsupported data source.
Cluster URIDF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity IDd0fe6044-9e7d-4d75-b4c2-453e1f41cbd0
Request ID715d0157-4cc7-8109-e1a8-46b706974f6c
Time2017-08-02 11:15:55Z

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Unable to refresh the model (id=803345) because it references an unsupported data source.

Hi @v-azmudd,

Were you getting above error in Power BI desktop or Power BI service?

You may see such an error when trying to configured a dataset for scheduled refresh. This happens when the data source you used, within Power BI Desktop, isn’t supported for refresh. You will need to find the data source that you are using and compare that against the list of supported data sources at Refresh Data in Power BI. Also, it is not allowed to schedule refresh a dataset which combines On-premise data source and online data source.

To troubleshoot this error, please first check what data sources are contained in your dataset. In Power BI Desktop, please go to File -> Options and settings ->Data source settings to check data sources, and post a screenshot about the data sources.

Reference: Troubleshooting unsupported data source for refresh

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to refresh the model (id=803345) because it references an unsupported data source.

I am using only Power BI Online Version. The data set used to refresh with out any issues, but the error started popping up while i try to refresh the dataset recently.

Thanks and Regards,

Azith

Frequent Visitor

forgot to mention, i am using online Sharepoint where i upload the dataset and then refresh the dataset in power-bi Datasets tab, the data set will be in the xlsx format in Sharepoint( which i think is supported by powerbi).

v-yulgu-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @v-azmudd,

Please test whether you can refresh data when connecting to SharePoint online in desktop version. Also, please check whether the data type of some columns is changed after updating.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
GregDeckler

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, explains

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Back to School Contest

Back to School Contest

Engage and empower students with Power BI!

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Ideas
Users Online
Currently online: 43 members 985 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: