Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

1170e
Frequent Visitor

Unable to publish report to RS (September 2021 Version)

PowerBi Report Server version Version 1.12.7936.39665(September 2021) running on Windows Server 2016

SQL server 2016

PowerBi Desktop Version: 2.97.863.0 64-bit (September 2021)

Save as via PowerBi Desktop RS, "An error occurred while attempting to save the repot to PowerBI Report Server."
Upload via Report Server: "There was an error uploading your .pbix file. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file."

Error from the RSPortal log:

|ERROR|92|library|Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ItemNotFoundException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ItemNotFoundException: The item 'xxx.pbix’ cannot be found.;

|ERROR|93|The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Error from the RSPowerBI log:

|ERROR|8|HttpRequestContext returned false for IsLocal.

The PowerBI RS service is running under a domain account which is local admin. Also tried the default accounts some issue.

Can create folders on the site. 

I've seen this error mentioned but none of the suggestions so far have helped. Anyone resolved this error for September 2021 version?

11 REPLIES 11
iNenadnano
Frequent Visitor

Any success in resolving this issue? My September 2021 instance started suffering from the same problem out of the blue.

Gerchuss

Hi all, I'm running with the same issue after upgrading to May 2021 version.
It's rare, because in the QA enviroment works perfectly, only the production enviroment give me that error.

Did you resolve this issue?

josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I can not reproduce, but on all my environments (all scaled-out) this version of PBIRS works well (for save as/upload scenarios). 

But related to error message, please double check your URL configuration, both Web Service URL and Web Portal URL and on all servers (and also NLB configuration if present). Be sure that request (using portal service and pbi service) remain on same server)

mrtechid
Frequent Visitor

I got same problem and log message here

2021-11-06 16:50:06.3507|INFO|9|Received request POST /api/reportproperties| RequestID = s_16c4cb39-64a2-4acf-b38b-20c6fa1d25b2
2021-11-06 16:50:06.3507|ERROR|9|HttpRequestContext returned false for IsLocal.| RequestID = s_16c4cb39-64a2-4acf-b38b-20c6fa1d25b2
2021-11-06 16:50:06.3507|INFO|9|Sending response. Response code xxx\xxxx 400, Elapsed time 0:00:00.0024075| RequestID = s_16c4cb39-64a2-4acf-b38b-20c6fa1d25b2

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello, @1170e 

Have you tried uploading a simple report? Are all reports unable to upload?

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

Hi @v-janeyg-msft ,

Yes I tried but am upable to upload a report either, I included the upload error in my original query.

When I try to upload a report the error is "There was an error uploading your .pbix file. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file.""

Hi, @1170e 

I think the best course of action is to follow up with support since it will require environment specific information and I don't want you to have to publically disclose that here on the community section. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Make sure that you are using "PBI Desktop Optimized for Report Server"  for creating & publishing reports.

Download Microsoft Power BI Report Server- September 2021 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Yes that is the version I am using. I tried both versions  - PBIDesktopRS_x64.msi and PBIDesktopRS.msi

Did you upgrade your PBIRS or its a new installation?  Check if you can upload files with different extension, i.e. Excel Workbook etc.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @FarhanAhmed 

Its a new installation. Yes can upload excel workbook without issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.