Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

octoni
Frequent Visitor

Unable to install Power BI Report Server (March-2018 edition)

Hi 

recently I download Power BI Report Server of March-2018 edition. When I click the installation file, it showed only one option button --> "Upgrade Power BI Report Server" .

And when I click the button it raised error message :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setup blocked.

The following issues blocked setup.

Evaluation period has expired. Please upgrade to difference edition before attempting to upgrade again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the funny thing is I've not installed it before in the same box, although I did install the previous edition of Power BI Report Server in the difference server.

please advise how to solve this . thank you

Cheers, Octoni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

If you check your add remove programs do you see an entry for Power BI Report Server at all? Also when you run the setup and get this error can you check the setup logs and see if there are any errors in there, they should be somewhere in this folder when you run the setup:

C:\Users\{userID}\AppData\Local\Temp

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

If you check your add remove programs do you see an entry for Power BI Report Server at all? Also when you run the setup and get this error can you check the setup logs and see if there are any errors in there, they should be somewhere in this folder when you run the setup:

C:\Users\{userID}\AppData\Local\Temp

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.