Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to download PBIDesktop_RS in compatible PBIRS-version!

Hi,

We are running PBIRS May 2019 and we usually download the compatible PBIDesktop_RS version by clicking download PBI Desktop from the report server "portal". When I click this link it now takes me to the version optimized for May 2020. Our server has been unchanged for the last 9 months and now suddenly new users cannot download the correct version to publish reports. I have verified that the May2020 version is not compatible with the PBIRS May 2020 version.

The link to the download page that PBIRS May2020 provides and which previously worked fine to download the May2019 version:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2091062

The adress that the previous link now redirects to (May2020 version):

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56723

Anyone have any input on this or knowledge of why this has changed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jasel
Helper II
Helper II

I can tell you that this has always acted this way and it is not version specific.  I think the reason behind this is that it's there for convenience and that's it - meaning I don't think it should be relied upon.

Utilizing enterprise solutions like SCCM I'm sure is the preferred method to handle this from a MS perspective.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jasel
Helper II
Helper II

I can tell you that this has always acted this way and it is not version specific.  I think the reason behind this is that it's there for convenience and that's it - meaning I don't think it should be relied upon.

Utilizing enterprise solutions like SCCM I'm sure is the preferred method to handle this from a MS perspective.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the input. And you are right that solutions like SCCM would be the best way to handle this. I will close this thread for now but may add a new post with question of how to get a hold of the May2019 installer (which doesn't seem to be avaialble for download any more). (Or we might just push for the upgrade instead :)).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.