Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

misaki233
Helper II
Helper II

Unable to create a report server database

Hi ,

I came up with a problem when I was configuring the RS.
User does not have permission to perform this action.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): User does not have permission to perform this action.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Common.DBUtils.ApplyScript(SqlConnection conn, String script, ICommandWrapperFactory commandWrapper)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Common.DBUtils.ApplyScript(String connectionString, String script)
at ReportServicesConfigUI.SqlClientTools.SqlTools.ApplyScript(String connectionString, String script)
ClientConnectionId:667c4b63-22c7-4e0c-9580-c077482f4b8f
Error Number:15247,State:1,Class:16
012501.png

How to fix it? Do I need a db owner or other roles?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Login to SQL Server with sa or sqladmin

-Go to Object Explorer
-Expand Security --> Logins
-Right Click on Login and select "New Login"
-Click on search and find that windows user which you are trying to install PBIRS
-Under Server Role on the Left side assign this user as "sysadmin" role.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @misaki233 ,

It means your current account don't  have permission for created database in sql server. You can try to use administrator account for sql server in configuration or you can add dbcreator role to the account:

Untitled picture.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Make sure that the user that you are using to Install PBIRS has the Administrator privileges in SQL Database or Machine.

@FarhanAhmed 
I am trying to use an existing database but this error also occured. Which role do I need?

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): User does not have permission to perform this action.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Common.DBUtils.ApplyScript(SqlConnection conn, String script, ICommandWrapperFactory commandWrapper)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Common.DBUtils.ApplyScript(String connectionString, String script)
at ReportServicesConfigUI.SqlClientTools.SqlTools.ApplyScript(String connectionString, String script)
ClientConnectionId:47b2bae7-667a-486a-84b9-bcd4cb8e58fc
Error Number:15247,State:1,Class:16

Login to SQL Server with sa or sqladmin

-Go to Object Explorer
-Expand Security --> Logins
-Right Click on Login and select "New Login"
-Click on search and find that windows user which you are trying to install PBIRS
-Under Server Role on the Left side assign this user as "sysadmin" role.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.