Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PhazedMorty
Frequent Visitor

Unable to connect to data source. (Power BI dataset)

Hi all,

Im getting the error unable to connect to datasource, which is a powerbi dataset in powerbi report builder.

Details: The '19465' locale is not supported.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just as an update. I have found a solution for this in my case.

I have changed the windows regional settings to English (United Kingdom), restarted the system and it started loading without any issue after that. 

Locale: 19465 is en-AE (United Arab Emirates)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
chahine1986
Frequent Visitor

am having the same issue, did you find a solution for that? 

Just as an update. I have found a solution for this in my case.

I have changed the windows regional settings to English (United Kingdom), restarted the system and it started loading without any issue after that. 

Locale: 19465 is en-AE (United Arab Emirates)

lol, so strange i did same & it worked, i changed my regional settings from uae to uk and it worked, 

very strange like if am in uae it should give an error unless i change settings to uk

I faced the same problem , and I do this solution and it works 100%

No, i havent found a solution for this. I installed power bi report builder on a different system and it was working there.

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PhazedMorty ,

Is it possible to download the Pbix file and open the Pbix file with Power BI desktop? Also, if there is no confidential data in that dataset, please share your Pbix file and I will try it locally.

And refer:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Locale-settings-not-working/m-p/49588

Best Regards

Lucien

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Do you know which locale was used in the queries for the dataset?

lbendlin_0-1641746399930.png

I am not sure. Below is the error I am getting. while trying to import a power bi dataset

Do I need a premium license to import a power bi dataset?

PhazedMorty_0-1642597303251.png

You are trying this from excel, right?  See if you can use the Analysis Services connection instead.

The original data source is an oracle database. I can connect to the oracle database from report builder, but i do not have options to create relationships with tables other than through query and i do have custom columns created in the powerbi dataset i would like to recall.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.