cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unable to connect analysis services in report server.

Hi

I'm trying to creat reports in power BI report server for that we need to connect with Analysis Srvices.After entering the Server name and login credentials its throwing error Details: "AnalysisServices: A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running.".

Even i dont know where to setup the AnalysisServices for PBI Report Server.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Unable to connect analysis services in report server.

@Shivagange have you already set up a cube in Analysis services?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Unable to connect analysis services in report server.

Hi @Shivagange,

Please check if you already installed a SSAS feature on this server firstly follow this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1994004/sql-server-analysis-services-do-i-have-it 

If you do have SSAS instance, please go to SSMS to make sure if you can connect fine. If there is no SSAS instance, you need to install one. For tasks about SSAS, please post a thread in SSAS forum

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors