Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to Publish to report server

I finished my project and i want to publish my dashboard to the report server. 

I go to File>Save as>Power BI Report Server

it do not show any issues

but when i go to the report server the report is not there.

i try to save again and get the following message

unable to save document saving to power bi report server was cancelled by user

Saving Error.JPG

I appreciate your help and support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This is probably your Power BI Report Server issue. The problem usually occurs for me if I have updated my PBI Desktop and not my Report Server, so now they are incompatible and I can't post Reports on it. Always make sure you have the latest PBI Desktop and Report Server

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi Majeed, have you tried saving the report locally to your machine and then trying to upload to the server manually through the web portal?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I am facing the same issue. I neither see option to upload to powerbi. Please help.
Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what i did. I saved the file to local disk. then went to my report server and from there i selected Upload.  it worked

why this problem in the first place?

another question, when will there be a new release for the version im working with.

Thanks

This is probably your Power BI Report Server issue. The problem usually occurs for me if I have updated my PBI Desktop and not my Report Server, so now they are incompatible and I can't post Reports on it. Always make sure you have the latest PBI Desktop and Report Server

@MaxNovak We currently have PBIRS May 2019 version.  When I click on the link to download the latest version, that is still what I have available.

Hi @teconsultant 
You can find the latest PBI September 2019 version here

Always make sure to upgrade your Power BI Desktop and Report Server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.