Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Abdelmajid
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to Access PBIRS Dev after restore from Prod

Hello,

We have performed a restore on PBIRS Dev environment using Prod Backup. I can see that the conetnt is there when I query it, but getting this error message when trying to access the PBIRS Dev environment from browser:

"The service is not available.

The report server isn’t configured properly. Contact your system administrator to resolve the issue. System administrators: Check the report server trace log for details.
"

PBIRS Dev is a single node environment.

Checking the 'Report server Configuration Manager'  I don't see the node deatils mentioned under 'Scale-out Deployment' tab.

Is there anything that needs to be done at the 'Encription Keys' tab?

Abdelmajid_0-1619808703340.png

The server name is not coming up here.

Appreciate any help, thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Did you overwrite the Dev ReportServer DB with prod backup? Usually that creates issues like you see here.

A better option that has worked for me in past is to restore the Prod database as a new one and then change the ReportServer Database in Configuration manager to the restored DB. Once that is done we delete or archive the old DEv DB . The restored DB can then be renamed for consistency or kept as is. 

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Did you restore the "Dev" Machine or "Dev" SQL Database on the Production server? Restoring database may require Encryption keys

Also, make sure that  PBIRS & SQL Server Services are running properly.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you Farhan, there was an issue with access permissions and also the Encryption Keys had to be resotored from Prod as well.

I am able to access PBIRS Dev and see all reports, but I am not sure why I am seeing the Prod nodes added to the scale-out-deployment as shown below.

Abdelmajid_0-1620059174273.png

Trying to remove the Prod nodes results in the beow error:

Abdelmajid_1-1620059255844.png

Appreciate if any help.

There is a table in reporting server database "dbo.keys" which have entries of deployment servers

Removing from that table will remove entries from "Scale-out" deployment. 

But you should be careful on how you would delete such entry.

Try backup this table and then try to remove the wrong entries and restart the reporting server  services 

Then this error will probably be gone.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.