Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cosmac
Regular Visitor

URL Virtual directories only changing the path for some of the resources, not all

We are using an outside piece of technology to help manage security and access to the PBI report server, but reguardless of what URL we configure the site to use from the Config Manager, when executing a Power BI report (PBIX) on the report server  a number or resources are requested using a URL based on the following.

https://reportserver_name/powerbi/.....

One example request is the following:

https://reportserver_name/powerbi/libs/scripts/exploreActions.js

Because of the way that portals interact with WebSeal we need to be able to configure the “powerbi” root to a different name. We can current control the “/reports” and “/ReportServer” root through Report Server Configuration Manager (see below).

Is there away for us to configure the “/powerbi” to a different name?

And

Cosmac_0-1639063010176.jpeg

And

Cosmac_1-1639063010183.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately I do not believe there is any way to change the name of this virtual directory. I certainly have not seen any documented settings for this. My only suggestion is to raise a help ticket with Microsoft Support in the hope that they may be able suggest something.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Cosmac
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply, this is what i thought in the first place, i was just hoping there was another answer.

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Cosmac 

The name of the virtual directory can be modified as long as it meets the rules.

vjaneygmsft_0-1639451010705.png

But it can't contain symbols like "/" Otherwise it will report an error. Other words are fine.

vjaneygmsft_1-1639451084482.png

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

@v-janeyg-msft did you even read the whole question? The question is not about configuring the Report Portal or Web Service virtual directories, but if the /PowerBI virtual directory can be changed.

@d_gosbell  Yes  /powerbi is specified and can't be changed. We can only change the name of the previous virtual directory.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately I do not believe there is any way to change the name of this virtual directory. I certainly have not seen any documented settings for this. My only suggestion is to raise a help ticket with Microsoft Support in the hope that they may be able suggest something.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors