Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TP1
Frequent Visitor

Timeline slicer current month as default

Hi,

I'm using the timeline slicer. My report was saved on the report server on the beginning of the month. So only the 1st day of the month is selected.

Now after a few weeks more data is available. But when I open the report on the server only the 1st day is selected. I have to click on the month in the slicer to get all the data.

Is there a way data the complete current month is selected when I start the report?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @TP1

You can use the relative date filtering slicer to get the full current month as the default filter.

This is supported in the default PBI Slicer.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-slicer-filter-date-range

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Hi Bhavesh,

thanks for your feedback. I tried this filter already and this is working as expected.

But the timline slicer is more user friendly if you want to change the selected time period. The only issue is that the selected period is not updated (e.g. as current month).

Best regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TP1 : i am in the same boat .how can we defualt the date?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.