Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sshan
Regular Visitor

The query referenced column which depends on another column, relationship or measure that is not in

Hello Team - I need some help. I have a power bi report that was published successfully and working for over a month.

Starting this morning the report is not showing the data with the below mentioned error.

But when I run the report on desktop I do not have this issue. I can see the data on the online power bi report once I publish the report.

But as soon as i refresh the online dataset the error shows up again.

The report shows the same error below after the dataset is refreshed online. Can someone please help? much appreciated.

The query referenced column xxxxxxxxxxx which depends on another column, relationship or measure that is not in a valid state. Additional information: ''.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sshan ,

During our investigation, we found that someone who had a similar problem to yours in the past was able to solve the issue with the Power Bi update via WEB update.

You can view the original Post here The query referenced column ****** which depends on another column 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Did you by chance find any solution for this problem? I am facing the same issue on a calculated column in a import file that getting data from a live connected dataset in direct query mode.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sshan ,

During our investigation, we found that someone who had a similar problem to yours in the past was able to solve the issue with the Power Bi update via WEB update.

You can view the original Post here The query referenced column ****** which depends on another column 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xiaoyan-msft , i am facing the exact same issue and I do not understand what "Power Bi update via WEB update" means. Could you please explain this to me? Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.