Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

omitche2
Frequent Visitor

The column of the table wasn't found - looking for table name

I renamed my columns in PowerBi desktop to remove the table name preceding the field names and then uploaded the dashboard to the Report Server.  My scheduled refreshes are now failing and giving me this error (the table and field are just examples): 

0] -1055784932: The column ‘table2021.xyz’ of the table wasn’t found.. the exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

The field name in my report is xyz but the refresh is looking for table2021.xyz.... I have 6 dashboards that have a lot of measures that need that field to be xyz not table2021.xyz.  Is there a work around that will allow me to schedule refreshes instead of updating in desktop and uploading every day?

Prior to January 2021 this wasn't an issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @omitche2 

You may check if the Power BI Desktop has been updated to the latest version. I'd like to suggest you find the first step which return an error message  in Power Query and troubleshoting based on it.

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I updated Power Bi to the latest version, picked one dashboard, then refreshed the data source, applied all name changes in power query editor, deleted it from report server and then uploaded the new version to the report server and still am experience the same issue.

omitche2
Frequent Visitor

I've triple checked the field names in the power query editor.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.