Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CBAnalytics

The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Hi all,

I am getting the following error. How can I fix this?

{"error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987."}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Zootecnico AG Macho.

My data source is located in cloudfront (Amazon), my client updates the Excel files and I use it.
My Power BI is 64 bit and I don't know my client's Office version (I don't know if it matters).

I've already downloaded the Access Database Engine and set Data Source Credentials as Organizational and still doesn't work. 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using source file in ".xls" format. if yes change file ".xls" to ".xlsx" and again refresh Power bi.

Thank you, this helped solve my problem. 

yh_low72
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I'm getting the same error when PowerBi services reresh the dataset. and installed the 2 versions of Access Database Engine 32/64bit.

@yh_low72 wrote:

I'm getting the same error when PowerBi services reresh the dataset. and installed the 2 versions of Access Database Engine 32/64bit.

Have you tried re-starting the PBIRS service since doing the install?

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@CBAnalytics wrote:

I've already downloaded the Access Database Engine and set Data Source Credentials as Organizational and still doesn't work. 

Which version did you install? 32bit or 64bit? You can have both installed on your machine and you might need to restart Power BI after installing this. You need the 64bit version of this to read either Excel or Access files in Power BI (usually this is installed with Office, but if you have 32 bit Office you will need to install the 64bit provider in order to work with Power BI Desktop)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors