Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DerMainzer
Resolver I
Resolver I

Textfeld in PBI Desktop for Pag. Report

Hey guys,

I need your brains.... just for support, not for a zombie apocalypse 🙂

Question: How do I get a textfield in PBI Desktop to a Report?:

Text as variable.jpg

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've tried, but I just don't manage to get the Text somebody puts into the text box into that table.

The final goal is:

The recorder of the meeting enters the name of the participants into the textfield in the pbi desktop visual, that is been safed in the table, that table is a parameter in the pag.report (that is on the same page in the PBI Desktop) and it changes after the recorder is finished entering the names.

does that make sense?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You cannot do this. Paginated Reports can only connect to the data model for a Power BI Report, they cannot connect to the visuals inside a report.

Thank you - I can connect differnt slicers to my Pag Report that is in my PBI Report. But can I also add somehow any kind of a variable?

@DerMainzer wrote:

But can I also add somehow any kind of a variable?

One option would be to create a table in your data model for that. It could just have 1 row or a row per variable

I've tried, but I just don't manage to get the Text somebody puts into the text box into that table.

The final goal is:

The recorder of the meeting enters the name of the participants into the textfield in the pbi desktop visual, that is been safed in the table, that table is a parameter in the pag.report (that is on the same page in the PBI Desktop) and it changes after the recorder is finished entering the names.

does that make sense?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.