Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pbx
Helper V
Helper V

Testing connection and scheduled refresh of OData with Basic Auth fails since March 2018 Release

Hi

Since March 2018 release of PBI Report Server, testing connections of OData data sources with Baisc Authentication fails with "Log on failed. Ensure the user name and password are correct." Scheduled refresh of reports based on those data sources fails as well, with error 500 returned from the source. No useful error message is logged in the PBI RS log files. It appears that PBI RS is sending wrong credentials. PBI Desktop works fine. A similar issue has been reported for PBI Service more than a year ago:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/OData-Basic-Auth-Consistant-failure-to-authenticate-with-Odat...

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
tp8
Frequent Visitor

I'm encountering this same issue with the March 2018 release.  Did you ever find a resolution?  I'm attempting to connect with OData to MS Project server.  I get the exact same error mentioned when I attempt to test the connection.

Testing Connection on ODATA is buggy, most likely if HTTP is involved (as opposed to pure HTTPS). Scheduled Refresh issues was an issue with the provider, a mere coincidence with March release.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.