cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbahonen
Frequent Visitor

Tabular or Dataflow model relationship schemas

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct spot (I find navigating this board frustrating), but I had an idea I think would be valuable as an enhancement for Tabular models or the Dataflow feature for data models.

It would be nice if there was a way to create one model (i.e. the tables, measures, custom columns, etc), but then create multiple relationship schemas for that one model. We have scenarios where we have one LOB with a set of data. The needs across reports for columns, measures, etc are the same. But some of these reports require different relationships between tables for them to function as desired. Turning on/off relationships is tedious and not really functional on the report need level. I'd love to be able to create multiple schemas and then select the desired schema on the report level. 

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User II
Super User II

The best place to submit suggestions for changes/improvements like this is https://ideas.powerbi.com - that site is maintained by the product team and it provides a mechanism where others in the community can vote for ideas.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User II
Super User II

The best place to submit suggestions for changes/improvements like this is https://ideas.powerbi.com - that site is maintained by the product team and it provides a mechanism where others in the community can vote for ideas.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.