Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

imenmaiza
Helper II
Helper II

Switching between reports possibilities

Hello,

I am hoping you can assist me with the below request,

We are familiar with switching between reports in Power BI Report Server: enter to folder->choose a report.

We are having a request that wishes to have only one link for one report and inside that report (on the side, white area), he is asking for the possibility to switch to the other reports as in the structure below:

imenmaiza_0-1643625375952.png

Is this even possible? His main purpose here is to have quicker access to reports.

I look forward to your reply,

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @imenmaiza ,

Form a link to the url you need to link to by publishing to web without authentication login (but there are security issues). Then create a table and enable this in Format->conditional formating-web url and apply it to the url field. Finally, you can successfully click on different report to jump to the corresponding report page.

I did the test and reference as follows:

vhenrykmstf_0-1643942639382.pngvhenrykmstf_1-1643942657678.pngvhenrykmstf_2-1643942731059.png

Click on the report category in the report server to jump to the corresponding report successfully

vhenrykmstf_3-1643943164906.png

vhenrykmstf_4-1643943247593.png

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

Thank you for your help!

However, the goal here is to do all this work in the work in the white space after deploying the dashboard to the report server (not a part of the report) as clarified below:

imenmaiza_0-1643968496208.png

I am not sure if this is possible.

I look forward to your reply,

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@imenmaiza So typically you would use a Dashboard for something like that, but yes you could use a data category of Web URL to house a table of report URL's and display them in a table.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hello Greg_Deckler,

Thanks for your fast reply,

The work that you are suggesting can be done in the white space when deploying the dashboard ? Or it is part of the dashboard?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.