Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nugget

Suppressing rows in a table

I am brand new to Power BI and I wish to do the following. I have a table of open text comments from a survey, there can be one or more comment per respondent. If, after filtering the data by one or more demographic, there are fewer than 5 respondents then I wish to suppress the comments and display a message saying something like 'There are too few respondents to display any comments'. So far I have been unable to determine how to do this, can it be done? If so, how?

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nugget,

Would you please share some sample data in the table and expected results for our analysis?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Here is some sample data

RespondentIDGenderComment
11Aaaaa
21Bbbbb
32Ccccc
41Ddddd
52Eeeee
62Ffffff
62Ggggg
71Hhhhh
81Iiiii
81Jjjjj
81Kkkkkk
92Llllll
101Mmmm

There is a filter on the columns Gender, when no filter is selected all comments are displayed in a simple table.

Comment
Aaaaa
Bbbbb
Ccccc
Ddddd
Eeeee
Ffffff
Ggggg
Hhhhh
Iiiii
Jjjjj
Kkkkkk
Llllll
Mmmm

If Gender=1 is selected then the following 8 comments are displayed because there are 6 unique respondents

Comment
Aaaaa
Bbbbb
Ddddd
Hhhhh
Iiiii
Jjjjj
Kkkkkk
Mmmm

However should Gender = 2 be selected then the following is displayed beacuse alhough there are 5 comments they come from only 4 unqiue respondents

Comment
Too few respondents to display

Thank you for your time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.