cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nugget Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Suppressing rows in a table

I am brand new to Power BI and I wish to do the following. I have a table of open text comments from a survey, there can be one or more comment per respondent. If, after filtering the data by one or more demographic, there are fewer than 5 respondents then I wish to suppress the comments and display a message saying something like 'There are too few respondents to display any comments'. So far I have been unable to determine how to do this, can it be done? If so, how?

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Re: Suppressing rows in a table

Hi @Nugget,

Would you please share some sample data in the table and expected results for our analysis?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Nugget Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Suppressing rows in a table

Hi,

Here is some sample data

RespondentIDGenderComment
11Aaaaa
21Bbbbb
32Ccccc
41Ddddd
52Eeeee
62Ffffff
62Ggggg
71Hhhhh
81Iiiii
81Jjjjj
81Kkkkkk
92Llllll
101Mmmm

There is a filter on the columns Gender, when no filter is selected all comments are displayed in a simple table.

Comment
Aaaaa
Bbbbb
Ccccc
Ddddd
Eeeee
Ffffff
Ggggg
Hhhhh
Iiiii
Jjjjj
Kkkkkk
Llllll
Mmmm

If Gender=1 is selected then the following 8 comments are displayed because there are 6 unique respondents

Comment
Aaaaa
Bbbbb
Ddddd
Hhhhh
Iiiii
Jjjjj
Kkkkkk
Mmmm

However should Gender = 2 be selected then the following is displayed beacuse alhough there are 5 comments they come from only 4 unqiue respondents

Comment
Too few respondents to display

Thank you for your time.