Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

James64M
Regular Visitor

Subscriptions for PBI report in Report Server

Hello

Are report subscriptions available for PBI Reports, when managed in the PBI Report Server?

I would like to create a data-driven subscription for my already developed PBI report, to be delivered in a on-premise fashion (as I can do for my paginated reports) but I cannot see the option for a PBI Report.

Is this functionality not envisaged or just not available at this point of time?

regards

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Unfortunately subscriptions are not available for PBI Report right now; however it is something that is on our backlog. If you have something you would like to see you can vote for it here and it will help up prioritize what we do next. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Unfortunately subscriptions are not available for PBI Report right now; however it is something that is on our backlog. If you have something you would like to see you can vote for it here and it will help up prioritize what we do next. Thanks!

Any other work around for this functionality OnPrem?

Thank you for the update.  Much appreciated!

To help me understand, is the change required to make subscriptions available to PBI reports, more of a relatively significant 'back-end' change to the existing 'subscription' sub-system or moreso just a 'front end' change?

Is there a workaround?

For example, I wondered if an paginated report with a subscription could just call the PB report as a sub-report, to get around the problem but unfortunately, it seems the current sub-report feature does not allow non-rdl objects...correct?

regards

JM

RDL reports and Power BI (PBIX) have very different rendering engines and right now they can't work together (i.e. you can't embed a PBIX report in an RDL), it would require both backend and frontend changes to enable this. Unfortunately right now there is not workaround. As I mentioned in the previous post please post your ideas so that they can be considered when we get to them. Thanks!

Thank you for the update

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors