Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

acewing
Regular Visitor

Subscription running beyond end date

Hi everyone -

I seem to be having an issue with my subscription delivering reports beyond the subscription's end date. For some background, I have a report that is to be delivered quarterly. Power Bi does not currently offer quarterly subscriptions (vote for it below!), so I have set up individual subscriptions, like so. 

acewing_0-1625165113041.png

Each of these subscriptions are set to start the first of the month and end the following day. For example, Q1 has a start date of 03/01/2021 and an end date of 03/02/2021, and is meant to be delivered only on 03/01/2021. The frequency of the report is set to Monthly and is set to run on the 1st of the month. The issue I am having is that the subscription seems to be running beyond the end date. Going back to the Q1 example, this report was delivered via subscription 03/01/2021, and then again on 04/01/2021. Once again, my end date for the subscription is set to 03/02/2021. So, I'm curious if anyone knows of another way to configure quarterly subscriptions with the current frequency options (Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly) or if anyone can help me pinpoint if there is an issue with my current configuration? 

If you'd like to vote for quarterly frequency options follow the link:  https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=1bc43753-97da-eb11-ba5e-281878e6855d

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @acewing ,

Nice idea.  In my opinion, you should create four subscriptions for the quarterly frequency. 

You should have created the subscription on daily frequency start at 03/01/2021 and 03/02/2021. So it will run twice .

For instead you can create a monthly frequency for the subscription:

Capture52.PNG

So you will get one runtime in evey month if the month is the start month of a quarter.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @acewing ,

Nice idea.  In my opinion, you should create four subscriptions for the quarterly frequency. 

You should have created the subscription on daily frequency start at 03/01/2021 and 03/02/2021. So it will run twice .

For instead you can create a monthly frequency for the subscription:

Capture52.PNG

So you will get one runtime in evey month if the month is the start month of a quarter.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors