Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bryanshaw46
Resolver I
Resolver I

Subscription Email TO box defaults to userid

The TO box of the emailed subscription defaults to the userid instead of the email address.

I changed the rsreportserver.config setting

<SendEmailToUserAlias>False</SendEmailToUserAlias>

Now the TO box is just blank.  Out SMTP server is on another machine on the network.  How do I get the default to be the user's email address?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @bryanshaw46 

There will be no default value, you can enter your email address. 

vjaneygmsft_1-1638932347237.png

You can hide the to field, But you can’t get the email address directly, you need to enter it yourself if you modify this settings. The example uses a local server, so they can add a user id or email address.

vjaneygmsft_2-1638932587775.png

RsReportServer.config Configuration File - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@bryanshaw46 

You can refere to this document to configure a remote SMTP Service for the report server:

Configure a remote SMTP Service for the report server 

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

The SMTP is working.  The only issue is the TO box on the email.  I looked at the reference and tried some of it.  I did manage to get it to where the userid is no longer in the TO box.  But now I need that email address of the user.

Hi, @bryanshaw46 

I found a method on 'Report Subscription in SSRS', the same is true for powerbi report server, you can follow the steps:

Before we start configuring the SSRS Email subscription, we have to configure the SMTP setting in SQL Reporting Services Configuration Manager. And to do this, navigate to the Email Settings tab and provide the Sender Address and SMTP server name. For now, we are entering the dummy details.

vjaneygmsft_5-1638861117151.png

Once you select the Email Delivery option, The Report manager displays the following options in the SSRS subscriptions page. And the properties are:

• To: Email Id, or SMTP address of the receiver. (To whom you want to send the report)
  • Subject: Email subject.
  • Render Format: Please select the format that you want to save the report. For example, PDF, XML, Excel etc.
  • Priority: Please specify the Email priority. Normal will do the work for you. If not, go for High.
  • Subscription processing Options: This is schedule the report subscription.

vjaneygmsft_6-1638861130386.png

Reference:

Subscription using email address 

Best Regards,

bryanshaw46_0-1638878168100.png

The To: box has the user ID in this example.  We would like it to be the email address.  Is there a way for it to default to the email address?

Hi, @bryanshaw46 

There will be no default value, you can enter your email address. 

vjaneygmsft_1-1638932347237.png

You can hide the to field, But you can’t get the email address directly, you need to enter it yourself if you modify this settings. The example uses a local server, so they can add a user id or email address.

vjaneygmsft_2-1638932587775.png

RsReportServer.config Configuration File - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.