Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alicelpn
Frequent Visitor

Stacked Column Chart to show %

Hi All,

Seeking for help.  I would like to convert the Count (Distinct) of Employee User ID as column values (staked bar chart on the left) to percentage as staked bar chart on the right.

alicelpn_0-1624175380203.png

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @alicelpn ,

Unfortunately, there's no options for it now. But you can create a measure  like:

Measure = COUNT(Table[Employee User ID])/CALCULTAE(COUNT(Table[Employee User ID]),ALLEXCEPT(Table,Table[Employee code]))

And put it in tooltips, it will show in tooltips when you hover on the stacked bar chart. Please refer to the similar post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Display-percentage-in-stacked-column-chart/td-p/560354

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HashamNiaz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @alicelpn !

You will need to create another measure to get [% of Employee Count] in that group;

To get % of Employee Count, you can do it like, [Employee Count] / [Total Employee Per Category]

Then you can place this new measure in normal stacked column chart in [Values] section. 

Regards,

Hasham

Thank you Hasham.

I would be very grateful if you can provide me the full DAX as suggested;

[Employee Count] / [Total Employee Per Category]

This is the visualisation pane and I want to maintain the Employee Count at Y-axis and Competence Element at X-axis.  The % is to show the no. of Staff for each category of Code within the Competence Element.

alicelpn_0-1624421729101.png

Hi @alicelpn ,

Unfortunately, there's no options for it now. But you can create a measure  like:

Measure = COUNT(Table[Employee User ID])/CALCULTAE(COUNT(Table[Employee User ID]),ALLEXCEPT(Table,Table[Employee code]))

And put it in tooltips, it will show in tooltips when you hover on the stacked bar chart. Please refer to the similar post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Display-percentage-in-stacked-column-chart/td-p/560354

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@alicelpn 

You can use the 100% Stacked Column Chart

Fowmy_0-1624181660866.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Hi Fowmy,

Thank you for your suggestion.  Tried it out and the 100% stacked bar chart shows similar height for all the columns which does not meet the requirement. I want a regular stacked bar chart that displays % of each bar, split between the different columns I have in each bar.  

If you put any type of value in Y-Axis, it will always be created based on that. Since you are showing percentages on the y-axis therefore all values will sum up to 100% and your graph will always be a 100% stack chart.

Unfortunately, as of now, you don't have any feature yet to replace Data Labels as another field in default graphs. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.