Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ritesh_Air
Post Patron
Post Patron

Sorting Desc Tablix - Paginated Report

Hello Experts,

I am trying to sort my paginated report which has tablix in it on descending order on 1 measure (ID_total_Catalyst_Points_). I tried different ways but none seems to be working.

1. Tried it at Tablix level. 

Ritesh_Air_0-1628212902497.png

2. Tablix is grouped at the Grower_Group level. Tried sorting it there too.

Ritesh_Air_1-1628212970411.png

Ritesh_Air_2-1628213015741.png

3) At the dataset level in the query:

Ritesh_Air_3-1628213368054.png

Sorting comes out randomly in my report. I am not sure where else I need to change it?

Thanks in advance,

-RK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ritesh_Air  ,

Due to the inability to obtain your data source, it is impossible to test with the file you provided. For the above sorting problem, its basic principle is the same as sort in powerbi desktop. You need to put specific fields in the corresponding visual to sort according to the field. Otherwise it is invalid. You can make a try.

vhenrykmstf_0-1628675717763.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ritesh_Air ,

Based on your description, to change the sort order of data in a data region when a report first runs, you must set the sort expression on the data region or group.
   In a tablix data region, set the sort expression for the data region or for each group, including the details group. If you have only one details group in a tablix data region, you can define a sort expression in the query, on the data region, or on the details group and they all have the same effect.

Must follow the ordering steps as follows:

vhenrykmstf_0-1628491861135.png

For a tablix data region, also can add interactive sort buttons:

vhenrykmstf_1-1628491944481.png

related document link:

Sort Data in a Data Region (Report Builder) - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Microsoft Docs

Interactive Sort (Report Builder) - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your help.

Here I put the paginated report for you to review.

On Tablix data region : sorted it by points descending.

On main dataset query (dsMain): sorted it by points descending.

On another dataset query  which I am using for parameter (GrowerGroup): sorted it by points descending.

In each and every Row Group: sorted it by points descending.

Still doesn't sort it, the way I want it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rZ3bMVevf-AqusDCGk9A0rocY7c0fDmS/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,

-RK

Hi @Ritesh_Air  ,

Due to the inability to obtain your data source, it is impossible to test with the file you provided. For the above sorting problem, its basic principle is the same as sort in powerbi desktop. You need to put specific fields in the corresponding visual to sort according to the field. Otherwise it is invalid. You can make a try.

vhenrykmstf_0-1628675717763.png

Best Regards,
Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.