cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pz68lk Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Some visualizations not rendering (disappear) in Chrome for Power BI Reporting Services-based report

I have seen issues with some of the standard visualizations that are integrated with Power BI Desktop (RS) not showing up (or rendering) in Google Chrome.  Off hand, both "Slicer" and "Treemap" are missing (not rendered) when I attempt to view aPower BI Reporting Services-based report in Google Chrome (no issues with Edge or IE interestingly enough) that contains any ill-affected visualization. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
gcamut1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Some visualizations not rendering (disappear) in Chrome for Power BI Reporting Services-based re

I am experiencing the same thing but specifically with donut charts when the desktop file is published to the Premium service. The legend and title show but not the actual donut with data. Using the march-18 version of the desktop and March-18 version of premium service.

Have tried the following steps to troubleshoot without success:

1. Remove legend

2. Clear browser cache

3. Format so no visuals are overlapping

I simply cannot get the donut charts to visualize in the premium service

pz68lk Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Some visualizations not rendering (disappear) in Chrome for Power BI Reporting Services-based re

I found that clearing the browser cache in Chrome worked.  That cleared up my issue with missing visualizations.  If other users are able to view them in Chrome and the problem is isolated to a subset of users (or single user, as in my case), very likely the browser cache needs to be cleared.  Along with that, you may need to flush the cache history further back than just 24 hours, as I believe I had to do to clear things up.

4 REPLIES 4
gcamut1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the same thing but specifically with donut charts when the desktop file is published to the Premium service. The legend and title show but not the actual donut with data. Using the march-18 version of the desktop and March-18 version of premium service.

Have tried the following steps to troubleshoot without success:

1. Remove legend

2. Clear browser cache

3. Format so no visuals are overlapping

I simply cannot get the donut charts to visualize in the premium service

pz68lk Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

May be a glitch in the March 2018 release?

pz68lk Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I found that clearing the browser cache in Chrome worked.  That cleared up my issue with missing visualizations.  If other users are able to view them in Chrome and the problem is isolated to a subset of users (or single user, as in my case), very likely the browser cache needs to be cleared.  Along with that, you may need to flush the cache history further back than just 24 hours, as I believe I had to do to clear things up.

I am currently experiencing the same problem with the January 2019 update, running in Chrome (latest version), the drop downs display fine in IE but fail completely in GC.