Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rwmnau
Helper I
Helper I

Slicer drowdowns suddenly appearing in wrong location - January 2021

I don't know when this started, but it can't have been long ago (maybe a week?) as users just started to bring it up with us. We're running the January 2021 release of PBIRS.

On many of our reports, the slicer dropdown now isn't drawing in the correct location - the height is about right, but it's drawing the list of options either to the left or right of where it should be. For example:

rwmnau_0-1631057348921.png

It seems consistent based on the size of the current browser window - it will draw in the same place on multiple usages, and then when I adjust the size of the browser window I'm using (maximize, resize, shrink, whatever), it will draw in a different location and sometimes even in the correct location (so it's not always wrong). It impacts every slicer on the report - all of them appear to be drawn incorrectly by the same amount. It also appears to impact all users now - we've asked a number and they're all seeing it, though the location doesn't appear to be consistent for everybody. It's also happening in both Edge Chromium and Chrome, but oddly, Internet Explorer DOES NOT have this issue and shows the slicers correctly.

Does anybody have an idea what's going on here? Some kind of Windows Update (or Chromium update) that screwed up a style sheet of some kind? Anything?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rwmnau 

This is a known issue for power bi on browsers, it has been reported internally. You can also find the issue and workaround in the support site. 

Support | Microsoft Power BI

Vpazhenmsft_1-1631254234182.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Arklur
Resolver II
Resolver II

I checked now, it seems working again.

MarcS
Helper I
Helper I

We have the same problem recently. We are using PowerBi version August 2021. The workaround with 90% and 100% for Chrome and Edge works well, but not reasonable for customers. Internet Explorer is no longer used in most companies.

MarcS_0-1631294260132.png

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rwmnau 

This is a known issue for power bi on browsers, it has been reported internally. You can also find the issue and workaround in the support site. 

Support | Microsoft Power BI

Vpazhenmsft_1-1631254234182.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Will there be a solution for that issue? When will it be implemented?

In the meantime at least the workaround seems to work.

I found the actual bug link (https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1247858) in another post about this issue, but it looks like it's resolved in V94 of the browsing engine, which is currently in beta. The comments towards the end make it sound like it will be out later this month - I don't know how far behind Edge and Chrome run of the later browser engine release, but it sounds like it's coming soon.

Arklur
Resolver II
Resolver II

Seems like this is not a PBIRS only related issue, seems like this issue is present in the service as well! --> https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Slicer-dropdown-menu-appears-offset-in-Service-environment/...

Arklur
Resolver II
Resolver II

You are not the only one, our customers also recently reported this issue to us:

PBIRS_sliver_wrong_pos.png

(Left is how it looks in "Fit to Width" mode, at 100%, the other one is in "Fit to Width", but zoomed in to 110%...for whatever reason it works at that toom level, or even at 90%.)

We are also using the 2021 January version, and I'm not aware of any changes on our side (didn't update anything recently).

Unfortunately, so far I didn't found any possible solution for this, our plan is to try to update the server to 2021 May and hope it will work...If I found anything or if the update solves this issue, I'll try to remember to come back and write it here :).

We updated to the May 2021 release in our lab and it doesn't resolve the issue - this is something browser-related, not with the site, so updating to the latest release won't correct it. Since it's an issue in the online/web version as well, that further confirms that it's a browser issue and not something with the PBIRS software. I've also tried to enabling the new portal experience and that doesn't change the behavior either.

I have found that it's not an issue an Internet Explorer, and it's also fixed if you can force the page to render in IE/compatibility mode. We're been trying to find a way to force the app to render in compatibility mode, which will resolve it, but no luck so far. I don't want to mess around with the PBIRS files much, but that's where we're currently looking.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.