Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GuestUser
Helper V
Helper V

Single Sign On in Power BI Report Server

Hi Team

I need to understand how can we implement SSO functionality on Power BI Report Server

We have the following below :

1) We have on-premises power bi rpeort Server installed on Server A

2) We have SSAS(Tabular Model) installed on Server B

3) We have created some power BI reports and published on Report Server

4) We have currently used Custom Authentication Server A and Server B are our internal Servers (of Company XYZ)

Now we have AD Server of Client (Server C) of Company ABC and we need to implement SSO functionality with our report Server

Please let us know the steps for the same

2 REPLIES 2
GuestUser
Helper V
Helper V

@d_gosbell -- Can you please help here if possible

I have not really done anything with multi-domain configurations. But from what I understand you need to configure a trust relationship or something like that between the ABC and XYZ domains in order to be able to give users from ABC access to your tabular model.

Then in order to get the SSO working you would need to turn off the Custom Auth and configure Kerberos Authentication see the following documentation for details on how to do this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/configure-kerberos-powerbi-reports

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.