Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBridge
Frequent Visitor

Sharing of XMLA endpoint with guest users

I am trying to connect XMLA endpoint by using guest account, but can't make a conncetion. I can connect when i use my organization credentials but same string which i also shared with guest users( have different domain) does not work. I get the following error. Can anyone help please

Cannot connect to powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/Test.

===================================

The specified Power BI workspace is not found. (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.ConnectionInfo.ResolveHTTPConnectionPropertiesForPaaSInfrastructure(Uri& dataSourceUri, Boolean acquireAADToken, Boolean returnCloudConnectionAuthenticationProperties, String& paasCoreServerName, CloudConnectionAuthenticationProperties& cloudConnectionAuthenticationProperties)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.OpenHttpConnection(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, Boolean& isSessionTokenNeeded)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.OpenConnection(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, Boolean& isSessionTokenNeeded)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.Connect(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, Boolean beginSession)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Connect(Boolean toIXMLA)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.IXmlaClientProviderEx.ConnectXmla()
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.ConnectToXMLA(Boolean createSession, Boolean isHTTP)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.Open()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlStudio.Explorer.ObjectExplorerService.ValidateConnection(UIConnectionInfo ci, IServerType server)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.ConnectionDlg.Connector.ConnectionThreadUser()

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@PowerBridge wrote:

So if these users are from another domain the /myorg/Test part of the endpoint will try and connect them to a workspace called Test in thier Power BI tennant. You would need to replace "myorg" with your domain name. I don't have guest users I can test this with, but i think if you login with a user like person1@mycompany.com then you can use and endpoint like the following 

powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/mycompany.com/Test

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@PowerBridge wrote:

So if these users are from another domain the /myorg/Test part of the endpoint will try and connect them to a workspace called Test in thier Power BI tennant. You would need to replace "myorg" with your domain name. I don't have guest users I can test this with, but i think if you login with a user like person1@mycompany.com then you can use and endpoint like the following 

powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/mycompany.com/Test

@d_gosbell Thank you so much. Solution was perfect and it saved my lots of time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.