Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shared dataset for Power BI Report Server

Hi,

As i come from SAP BO BI background where we created single Universe(data model/dataset) and used in hundreds of reports. We are going to stop SAP Product. We are moving to Power BI.

I have seen the shared dataset can be implement in power bi service.

Question : Is there way to have single dataset for Power BI Report Server so that we use same dataset for all reports.

I google but could not find to solution to implement shared dataset for PBIRS.

Kindly advice how to implement this solution.

Moreover, our back-end database is Oracle.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You cannot share a dataset from a Power BI Report in Power BI Report Server. The way you would do this on-prem is to use an Analysis Services Tabular instance and publish your model there. Then you can create multiple Power BI Reports (or paginated reports) that all connect to a single tablular data model.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

we have oracle database which power-bi connects to.  How to use Analysis Services Tabular Instance, please guide.

Thanks.

Microsoft has tutorials on getting started with Analysis Services here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/analysis-services/tutorial-tabular-1400/as-adventure-works-tutorial...

It's the same data engine that Power BI uses (so your existing DAX and Power Query imports should still work) , but the UI is slightly different.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.