Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shared dataset for Power BI Report Server

Hi,

As i come from SAP BO BI background where we created single Universe(data model/dataset) and used in hundreds of reports. We are going to stop SAP Product. We are moving to Power BI.

I have seen the shared dataset can be implement in power bi service.

Question : Is there way to have single dataset for Power BI Report Server so that we use same dataset for all reports.

I google but could not find to solution to implement shared dataset for PBIRS.

Kindly advice how to implement this solution.

Moreover, our back-end database is Oracle.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You cannot share a dataset from a Power BI Report in Power BI Report Server. The way you would do this on-prem is to use an Analysis Services Tabular instance and publish your model there. Then you can create multiple Power BI Reports (or paginated reports) that all connect to a single tablular data model.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

we have oracle database which power-bi connects to.  How to use Analysis Services Tabular Instance, please guide.

Thanks.

Microsoft has tutorials on getting started with Analysis Services here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/analysis-services/tutorial-tabular-1400/as-adventure-works-tutorial...

It's the same data engine that Power BI uses (so your existing DAX and Power Query imports should still work) , but the UI is slightly different.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.