Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jayeckles
Advocate III
Advocate III

Shapemap visual does not render on PBIRS

We have PBIRS running in development.  Using PBI Desktop RS (June 2017), I opened an existing report with a live SSAS connection that uses a shapemap visual.  When I saved that report to PBI RS, the report will run, slicers work, other visuals on the report work, but the shapemap visual does not render.  

I do notice that in PBI Desktop RS, there is no shapemap visualization option when creating a report from scratch, and there is no option to enable preview features.  I suspect this means non-preview visualizations are not supported for rendering in PBIRS, is that correct?

Any idea when shapemap will come out of preview and/or be supported in PBIRS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

That is correct preview features are currently not supported in PBIRS; as for a timeline it is on our backlog but I don't have a date for when this will be available.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

That is correct preview features are currently not supported in PBIRS; as for a timeline it is on our backlog but I don't have a date for when this will be available.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.