Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

timthoe
Frequent Visitor

Shape map visual on Report Server

Hi

We want to show maps (with coloured regions) in our reports while using visuals not connecting to the internet. The Shape Map visual seems perfect for that but it has been i beta for more than a year and is therefore neither available on the Report Server or Power BI for RS. Should we just give up on it ever becomming GA?

Does anybody have alternative solutions to showing shape maps (topojson, geojson or anything else I can convert to) wtih colouring from data on the Report Server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I can't find any information about the plans for this visual either and you are right, it's been in preview for ages.

There are a couple of other shape/map visuals you could look into which I think do not need an internet connection:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I can't find any information about the plans for this visual either and you are right, it's been in preview for ages.

There are a couple of other shape/map visuals you could look into which I think do not need an internet connection:

Hi d_gosbell

Synoptic panel looks like a solution, thank you. I had not found it in my search. However the conversion to svg is tricky and their webpage for constructing svg's seems to have som bugs. But once the files have been made this should work nicely.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.