Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TimSalvage
Frequent Visitor

ServiceNow API returning no results

Hi All,

I'm experiencing an issue where my query returns no results from the ServiceNow table API. I've had the ServiceNow admin make an integration user for me so credentials are all set. The admin also set up ACLs to allow web service connections to the incident table in DEV. Every box I can think of is checked but for some reason I get no results from the table.

Here are some things we've explored:

• confirmed there is data in the dev incident table
  • confirmed in the API explorer the URI
  • for whatever reason I can change the table to sys_user and run the same query and it pulls in that table fine

Screencap.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TimSalvage
Frequent Visitor

I met with the SNOW admin and we troubleshot until we arrived at a missing AC for the integration user. We were missing the web service role for the table. Once she added that, my connection from Power BI returned data instantly!

Now it's off to the races to build some helpful reports in Power BI!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TimSalvage
Frequent Visitor

I met with the SNOW admin and we troubleshot until we arrived at a missing AC for the integration user. We were missing the web service role for the table. Once she added that, my connection from Power BI returned data instantly!

Now it's off to the races to build some helpful reports in Power BI!

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TimSalvage ,

According to the information you provided, sys_user can query the report, but not the new integrated user, try to check and compare the permission configuration between the two.

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors