Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GAURAVG
Helper I
Helper I

Server Report update error

I removed the inactive users from Mange users in my report and it also removed the original requestor as the person left the organisation. Since then i am unable to update/modify anything in that report?

It throws error as "Unable to get the data from backend"

How can i solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GAURAVG
Helper I
Helper I

I could solve it on my own. I had to contact the Report Server admin and assign my name as the requestor.

Thank you for the help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GAURAVG
Helper I
Helper I

I could solve it on my own. I had to contact the Report Server admin and assign my name as the requestor.

Thank you for the help

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@GAURAVG 

Then I guess you need to update credentials in Power BI desktop, using current users' credentials to access the datasource, 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

In my powerBI Desktop file, i have already updated the credentials and changes.

In my server report, I am unable to reach that point. When i select "Update" for the particular report from the publish page of my server,it directly gives me the below error.

There is no option for me to upload my latest desktop pbix report.

GAURAVG_0-1613972453258.png

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Very limited information

What is the data source that you are using in report?

Where you are getting errors? is it in Power BI Desktop or in Power BI Report Server Refresh?

You might need to check the credentials used for data sources in the report and update them accordingly.

Any screenshot of the error might be helpful too.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

My data source in local file is excel. I do not have any errors in Power BI Desktop.

When i try to update/publish the existing report in server with the latest pbix file, it gives me the error "Unable to get data from backend". This has only started after i removed the original requestors name from user listServer report Error.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.