Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

T0_0H
Frequent Visitor

September 2021 Update, Configuration Differences or Bug?

Hi All, 

We have two instances of PowerBI On Prem Reporting Server. 
One is a Developer edition used for Testing and Development, while the second is an Enterprise Edition used for "Live" reports. 

I updated both to the new Sept 2021 release but I noticed a few differences in the Reporting Configuration on the Enterprise Edition.

Developer EditionEnterprise Edition 
T0_0H_1-1636132366712.png

T0_0H_0-1636132315033.png

The Enterprise edition is missing the Edition details, and does not show the 'Scale Out Deployment' tab or the 'Power BI Services (Cloud)' Tab.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or some of this information has just been moved?
The reports seem to be working fine, so i'm not hugely worried but wanted to check to be on the safe side. 

Thanks to anyone that can help shed some light. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @T0_0H ,

In my tests the function options on the left side are the same in both versions, refer to the following screenshot.

vhenrykmstf_0-1636423150427.png

vhenrykmstf_1-1636423176906.png

Try clicking Repair or re-download and install pbiRS from the following link.

vhenrykmstf_2-1636423325276.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please point it out. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
T0_0H
Frequent Visitor

Thank you guys! 
Now I know its a me problem and not an everyone problem.

I've run the repair and things look as expected one again.
I really aprecate your time and help. 🙂

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @T0_0H ,

No need to worry too much, they are the same product and offer the same features. The Evaluation will expired after 180 days. And the Developer can't be used for business purpose.

vhenrykmstf_0-1636360815956.png

vhenrykmstf_1-1636360905131.png

check the similiar case

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Henry, 

Thank you for your reply. 
I should clarify, my issues isn't the difference between the two editions so much as questioning the difference in the PowerBI Reporting Server Configuration options.
Do you run an Enterprise edition of the on Prem Reporting server yourself?
If so, could you tell me the version and if the configuration interface has the following:

1. The Edition details displayed on the first tab
  2. 'Scale Out Deployment'  as the second last tab
  3. or the 'Power BI Services (Cloud)' as the last tab

Thank you for your help.

Tori 

Hi @T0_0H ,

In my tests the function options on the left side are the same in both versions, refer to the following screenshot.

vhenrykmstf_0-1636423150427.png

vhenrykmstf_1-1636423176906.png

Try clicking Repair or re-download and install pbiRS from the following link.

vhenrykmstf_2-1636423325276.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please point it out. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

me too:

josef78_0-1636665091228.png

and both works well (in scale out deployment). 

Try repair installation as say Henry, or try add clean installed node to scale-out deployment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.