Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arun_1047
Helper I
Helper I

See Data Functionality is not working in Oct GA Version of Power Bi desktop

Hello,

I downloaded the Oct GA version from the below URL and developed the drill down bar chart, When i right click and see data. It is not showing up the data. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56137

7 REPLIES 7
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arun_1047,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. See: 

q8.PNG

In your scenario, which data source did you connect to? Could you share detail steps for us to reproduce the issue? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I am using SSAS Multidimensional cube (Live Connection).

Steps:

Created a Bar chart with Month and Geo on shared axis, amount in value section.

Enabled the Drill Mode On

selected a particular Month.

Navigate to Data/ Drill and selected "See Data" and it is not showing up.

I am using the Power BI version 2.51.4885.1041 64 bit (October 2017)

Hi @arun_1047,

I can reproduce the issue on my side. The issue already reported internally: CRI 51948932. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same issue and would like to hear when this will be resolved.  I am also connecting live to a SSAS cube.  I do not see anything when I try to use the "Show Data" feature on any visual.  I used to see it but I no longer do.

Hi all,

The issue is fixed in normal Power BI desktop, you can downloaded the latest version here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

But regarding the fix for Power BI desktop optimized for report server, I have sent a email to consult this issue internally. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am still experiencing this issue in Power BI Report Server, seems related somehow to the "Focus Mode" issue, whats the status?

We still have this issue. When it will be fixed, is there a way we can create support ticket with Power Bi team? We have reports pending to be implemented into Prod because of this bug.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.