Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled refresh is failing when data source is "Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("

My dashboard sources are mostly open sources (web), one of them is an excel with multiple sheets:

"https://www.bag.admin.ch/dam/bag/de/dokumente/mt/k-und-i/aktuelle-ausbrueche-pandemien/2019-nCoV/cov..."

According to Microsoft Docs, a gateway is required for .xlsx, therefore I have set up an on-premise one and it runs correctly. Besides this, I can easily do a manual refresh. But using the scheduled refresh i receive the following error message: 

XY has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.
{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"File contains corrupted data."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataFormat.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: XY.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation? How could i fix that? Thanks a lot for your help, i am kinda lost. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
1powerbiaccount
Frequent Visitor

yes I am expereincing the same issue very frustrating 

Last refresh failed: Thu Aug 11 2022 12:20:15 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Hide details

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"File contains corrupted data."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataFormat.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Illinois.
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-H-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:105b864c-394a-4106-b1bd-04d24eb77394
Request ID:f5c0d295-d119-26e2-275f-cf0ccc3b6b1e
Time:2022-08-11 16:20:15Z
edejes2
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Check you credentials and access DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked again. Both Data source and Gateway connection seem to be ok

SourceExcel.pngGateway.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors