cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelChu
Regular Visitor

Scheduled refresh is failing when data source is "Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("

My dashboard sources are mostly open sources (web), one of them is an excel with multiple sheets:

"https://www.bag.admin.ch/dam/bag/de/dokumente/mt/k-und-i/aktuelle-ausbrueche-pandemien/2019-nCoV/cov..."

According to Microsoft Docs, a gateway is required for .xlsx, therefore I have set up an on-premise one and it runs correctly. Besides this, I can easily do a manual refresh. But using the scheduled refresh i receive the following error message: 

XY has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.
{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"File contains corrupted data."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataFormat.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: XY.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation? How could i fix that? Thanks a lot for your help, i am kinda lost. 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
edejes2
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Check you credentials and access DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError"

MelChu
Regular Visitor

Just checked again. Both Data source and Gateway connection seem to be ok

SourceExcel.pngGateway.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!