cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelChu
Regular Visitor

Scheduled refresh is failing when data source is "Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("

My dashboard sources are mostly open sources (web), one of them is an excel with multiple sheets:

"https://www.bag.admin.ch/dam/bag/de/dokumente/mt/k-und-i/aktuelle-ausbrueche-pandemien/2019-nCoV/cov..."

According to Microsoft Docs, a gateway is required for .xlsx, therefore I have set up an on-premise one and it runs correctly. Besides this, I can easily do a manual refresh. But using the scheduled refresh i receive the following error message: 

XY has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.
{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"File contains corrupted data."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataFormat.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: XY.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation? How could i fix that? Thanks a lot for your help, i am kinda lost. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
1powerbiaccount
Frequent Visitor

yes I am expereincing the same issue very frustrating 

Last refresh failed: Thu Aug 11 2022 12:20:15 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Hide details

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"File contains corrupted data."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataFormat.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Illinois.
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-H-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:105b864c-394a-4106-b1bd-04d24eb77394
Request ID:f5c0d295-d119-26e2-275f-cf0ccc3b6b1e
Time:2022-08-11 16:20:15Z
edejes2
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Check you credentials and access DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError"

Just checked again. Both Data source and Gateway connection seem to be ok

SourceExcel.pngGateway.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

BizApps LATAM 2023

Business Application LATAM Summit 2023

Join the biggest FREE Business Applications Event in LATAM this February.

Power Platform Bootcamp

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

In this bootcamp we will deep-dive into Microsoft’s Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, delivered to you by experts and community leaders.