Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

akasson
Regular Visitor

Scheduled refresh for report server using windows authentication

According to this page:  Power BI report data sources in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn , when setting up a scheduled refresh for a report in power bi report server, windows authentication can be used.   However, when i enter my windows credentials on the "Manage=>Data Sources" page in Report server, i get an error message that the credentials are incorrect.  I have verified my network password is indeed correct.   I am new to power bi so maybe I am missing something.  Thanks in advance, Alex

edit:  the report was created in desktop using windows authentication. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Have you tried entering the username using the format of <domain>\<username> ? Sometimes just entering the <username> part on it's own does not work.

View solution in original post

akasson
Regular Visitor

omg i can't believe i didn't think of this.   Works now, thanks so much!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
akasson
Regular Visitor

omg i can't believe i didn't think of this.   Works now, thanks so much!

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Have you tried entering the username using the format of <domain>\<username> ? Sometimes just entering the <username> part on it's own does not work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.