Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nmohanraja
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled refresh failure across reports

Hi,

I have got data refresh scheduled for many reports on the on-premise report server. Different reports fail on each refresh cycle with error message as one of the below. On manual refresh without any change, it runs fine on the first or second try. Please assist.

nmohanraja_0-1628810873908.pngnmohanraja_1-1628810882555.png

nmohanraja_0-1629068856490.png

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Have you checked the Windows Event viewer on the database server? The fact that the refresh works after a few re-tries is very strange and means that it's probably not a configuration or permissions issue since those should cause consistent failures with the same error message. I'm wondering if maybe you have a failing RAM module or something like that.

If you can't find anything in the event logs then you might need look at raising a help ticket with Microsoft support.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Those errors about not being able to find certain stored procedures are a worry. I've never seen anything like that before. I'd suggest running a DBCC CHECKDB over your ReportServer database. You might have a corruption in your database or some sort of hardware issue on your SQL Server.

I ran DBCC CHECKDB and the results shows:

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.