Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

piotrstach
Regular Visitor

Scheduled refres on Report Server. Report opened in Power BI Desktop not refreshed.

Hi all, 

I have Power BI Report Server and the report set to automatic refresh every one hour.

When I use Power BI Report Server (via web) to display the report all data are up to date. 

The same report opened using Power BI desktop (File/Open/Power BI Report Server) is not up to date. I need to click refresh to see the new data. 

The problem is that I have a huge amount of data and clicking refresh generates a long time wait.

Why the refreshed data do not appear in the Power BI Desktop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jcollinson2001
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

This is expected behaviour. When running a report in PBI Desktop on your local PC it is not connected to the Report Server data base.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
narendra534
Frequent Visitor

Hi piotrstach,

Can you please let me know the option on how to schedule the auto refresh option once the reports are published on the reporting server. Also looking for setting an email subscription to the report basically a screen shot to email after the scheduled refresh is completed.

jcollinson2001
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

This is expected behaviour. When running a report in PBI Desktop on your local PC it is not connected to the Report Server data base.

Thank you for the response. 

Is there any solution/workaround to auto refresh the report in Power BI Desktop ?

Peter

Unfortunately I dont think there is...

Ok, thank you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.