Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Naverie
Helper I
Helper I

Scheduled Refresh - hourly for only certain days

Hi,

We have a report that the Finance department use and they would like it to refresh hourly but only for the 1st 4 days of each month.

Is this possible to do? I've tried but can't see an option to do so.

Thanks in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Naverie wrote:

Surely this does the exact same thing? Just means I have one for each month instead of one for each hour?

Naverie_0-1638777235743.png

No, It's not exactly the same. With this approach you would need to either create a new "september" schedule every year or manually edit this schedule every year. If you forget the model will not be refreshed. With the approach I suggested, once it works for the first month it should continue to work forever until it is switched off. So it might take a few more minutes to setup the approach I suggested initially, but then you should not need to touch it again. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

No, you would set up 8 or 9 schedules to look like the following just changing the start time for each one to the hour of the day that you want the refresh to happen.

d_gosbell_0-1638484615234.png

Surely this does the exact same thing? Just means I have one for each month instead of one for each hour?

@Naverie wrote:

No, It's not exactly the same. With this approach you would need to either create a new "september" schedule every year or manually edit this schedule every year. If you forget the model will not be refreshed. With the approach I suggested, once it works for the first month it should continue to work forever until it is switched off. So it might take a few more minutes to setup the approach I suggested initially, but then you should not need to touch it again. 

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I don't think you can do this in a single schedule. You could create a set of monthly refreshes that only run on days 1-4 but I think you would need to create a separate schedule for 9am, 10am, 11am etc but if it is only business hours you might only need to create 8 or 9 of these.

@d_gosbell I didn't think it would be.

Looking at it, to do what you said I would need to create one for every month of the year with start and end dates? 

That seems to be the only feasible option as the Month schedule will only let you run it once.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.