Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled Refresh for Paginated Report (SQL Dataset)

Dear PBI users.

I've created a paginated report that pulls data based on a sql query from sql data warehouse. Usually, I would have connected into a PBI Dataset and created the refresh schedule there, but since this time I am connecting to a SQL Server, I do not have a PBI dataset to change the refresh settings.

My question is: How can I schedule refreshes for Paginated reports that is not connected into a PBI Dataset?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous wrote:

But then I have a question. If I have a subscription on 10 AM for example. Would it mean that the report will refresh at 10 am and afterwards send me the file?

Yes, every time the report runs it will execute the queries in the report and then render. So when the schedule is triggered at 10am the report server will execute the queries in the report and then generate the file to attach to the email.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You do not need to refresh paginated reports, they always query the datasources in real time every time they are run.

Thank you. I had the same question!

Anonymous
Not applicable

But then I have a question. If I have a subscription on 10 AM for example. Would it mean that the report will refresh at 10 am and afterwards send me the file?

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, every time the report runs it will execute the queries in the report and then render. So when the schedule is triggered at 10am the report server will execute the queries in the report and then generate the file to attach to the email.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.