Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adamnimmo
Helper I
Helper I

Scheduled Refresh Failing w/ Access Database Connection

I have been tracing an issue with two of my published PowerBI reports within the Jan 2019 Report Server where they are failing to refresh with an 'Unknown' error if an Access Database is used as a connection type.

The report will refresh locally within the desktop version and I can publish/consume from Report Server, however they won't refresh. I have verified my Data Source credentials are accurate and testing connection returns a successful connection.

In addition to using the native Access connection type I have also tried an ODBC and File/Folder connection to no avail.

Error message I receive

[0] -1055784932: Unspecified error. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

1 REPLY 1
Etienne_KPI

Hi,

Same problem here 😕  Db Access // Problem since Jan 2019 RS update // same error 

I can refresh locally within the desktop version and I can publish/consume from Report Server, however they won't refresh.

Credentials returns successful connection 

Any idea?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.